Day six: tired legs and G’s homecoming event







Friday 10th August: Day 6




Woohoo I made it to the weekend! 68 miles down, 232 to go. Not too shabby I think you’ll agree. I don’t think I’ve ever cycled so many consecutive days before and blimey can I feel it in my legs today! Still, Bruce and I will struggle on through a long flat 30 miles or so tomorrow before having a nice rest on Sunday 😴

I’ve managed to convince enough people this week to raise £140 so far for Cancer Research UK which is bloody amazing! Thanks so much to everyone for your support: obviously for all the dosh but also for tolerating me talking about cycling constantly for a week 🤣

This is my fundraising page:

https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/heathers-cycle-300-fundraising-page-2





Popped down to watch this bloke cycling down St Mary’s Street on Thursday. Bloody legend. Whenever I can’t be bothered to get on my bike in the morning (which is most mornings) I remind myself that G put in 83 hours and crossed two mountain ranges in 21 days... so I can’t really moan about a swift 25 minute 5 mile breeze down the Taff trail. Especially on a beautiful misty late summer’s morning with the river smooth as a mirror and the fresh smell of dewy grass. Or literally riding into the sunset like this pic ⬇️ Wednesday night. Can’t beat it 😌 



Until tomorrow... Au revoir 😘


Comments

Popular Posts