Day two: a little jaunt through the Vale




Sunday 5th August: Day one


22.9 miles down. We were meant to get up early and set out at about 8am... yeah that didn’t happen, Tom and I both forgot to set an alarm 🤣 so at about midday we finally set out on a lovely ride from Radyr through Fairwater, Peterston, Pendoylan and finished in Aberthin, then turned round and did most of it in reverse. I haven’t done a long ride in a while so this was super hard and the blazing sunshine and 27 degree temperature didn’t help matters! Contemplated divorce on one particularly long brutal climb as Tom is wonderful as my domestique and coach but unfortunately he also loves a bloody big hill. 



Here he is having a lovely time wobbling through some potholes. 


Monday 6th August: Day two

10 miles. Cycled to and from work. There will be a lot of this route over the next month, lucky the Taff trail is pretty. Got a PB on the way in this morning... watch out everyone I’ll be making it into the top 1000 at this rate!


Please donate!

I’ve got to £100 already, thanks so much to everyone who has contributed! If you're beginning to believe that I might actually do this then hop along to my Just Giving page and give Cancer Research some cash...

https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/heathers-cycle-300-fundraising-page-2







Comments

Popular Posts